Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Is Your Prayer Life Organized?

Do you have a set time each day that you unplug your phone, turn off the tv, find a quite spot 
and spend some time talking to the Lord,or are you one of many people that find that you are 
too busy?  Alot of people today feel that their lives are to hectic to be able to find time  each day for such a commitment, they may want to but when it comes right down to it, their  lives are so disorganized that they just don't feel that they have the extra time.
  
St.Therese of Lisieux said that prayer is an aspiration of the heart, it is a simple glance  directed to heaven, it is a cry of gratitude and love in the midst of trail as well as joy;  finally, it is something great, supernatural, which expands my soul and unites me to Jesus.   She saw prayer as a very important part of her daily life, in bad times as well as in joyful  times, she even went as far as telling us that prayers unites us to Jesus, it is our communication line straight to the Father. Our Father wants to hear from us, everyday, not just when we need something or are scared or worried, He wants to share our joys and happiness as well.

St. John Chrysostom said that prayer is the place of refuge for every worry, a foundation for cheerfulness, a source of constant happiness, a protection against sadness. We as adults know that in this day and age there are far more stresses then there are plesentries, so it would benefit us grately to make sure that prayer is factored into our everyday busy lives.

Now if your life is anything like mine, you are up at dawn, and on the go nonstop till bedtime, with kids, work, laundry, cooking, cleaning, meetings, etc... I know that there have been times that I have caught myself dozing off while waiting at the doctor's office, or if I sit down for a minute to catch my breath throughout the day.  But if I had better balanced out my day, I could have used those times to spend in prayer.  There are also times when I am washing dishes, or cooking that I could put in a Rosary tape and pray my while I am working around the house. But there still needs to be a set time each and everyday that is written in stone for me to spend time in the presence of the Lord, and after much trail and error I figured out a schedule that works very well for me.  Not only am I aware that at a certain time each day I am going to stop what I am doing and spend time with the Lord, I look forward to and crave that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment