Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rain, Rain Go Away

I know that the title of this message might seem strange, but it is very fitting for what I am going to write about today. I am sure that you have guessed by now that we have received a lot of rain over the past several days, and it looks like there is more planned for the rest of the week.

We all know the old saying, “Rain rain go away, come again another day.”  When I was a child I would always sing that rhyme when it would rain and I wanted to go outside and play. But as I have grown older I had really forgotten about that rhyme until the other day. I was walking through the house and listening to the rain as it was hitting the roof, and out of nowhere I started singing, “Rain rain go away……”  I stopped in my tracks and started to laugh. There was that old saying coming back to me, but as I was thinking about those words I stopped and reflected on the rain and on God’s purpose for it.

As children we never stop and take the time to think about why God does the things He does, all we think about is what we want to do, and we want to do it when we are ready.  When something happens and we can’t we get angry, and just as the song goes we want the rain to go away so we can get out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment